To Develop a STAMPCATalog Plus Plug-In Program or Utility
- An original idea for a stamp collecting related computer program. This may be a STAMPCATalog Plus enhancement, an added or improved function or just about anything else of use to a stamp collector.
- Experience in developing software projects is desirable.
- The legal right to distribute software you produce. You may use any computer language but an Xbase or FoxPro database language is the easiest to integrate with STAMPCATalog Plus.
- Authorization to qualify your program as a STAMPCATalog Plus Plug-In. This is granted at successful completion of integration testing.
- To email me for more information or discuss your ideas.
- A Plug-In Development Kit (PIDK) to assist you in developing interfaces with
the STAMPCATalog Plus architecture and database file formats.
- Fruits of your labor. Your end product program may be shareware, freeware or donationware. The choice is yours.
- Your product located on your web site will be linked from mine with a description and other pertinent information.
- Application must function in Windows95/98 and up environment.
- Application must work from the STAMPCATalog Plus "Plug-Ins" menu option and should work as a stand-alone program.
- Application must provide on-screen help.
- Authorization to release your application software as a STAMPCATalog Plus Plug-In.
- Certify compatibility and usefulness of your program.
- Provide one working copy together with documentation to me for testing and
- Agree to provide user support for your application.
Examples (some of these are available, some in development):
- Register, an early registration utility (avoids waiting until evaluation time has expired).
- P2SXfer, a catalog number transfer and deletion utility (switches primary and secondary catalog numbers and catalog names as well as offering complete deletion of either).
- DBCheck, a utility mainly for stamp list developers (checks for common entry mistakes like duplicate catalog numbers).
- Datapath, a utility that enables you to change the default data subdirectory so you can keep your collections remote from the program (e.g., a Zip or Jaz disk or another hard disk).
- HTMLPort, an exporter that provides HTML coded databases (so users can upload want and trade lists to their web pages).
- MkLink and Viewer, generate a link to an external picture viewer (so you can incorporate any picture file format into the program by OLE transfer).
- MoveBMPs, a simple way to enter stamp pictures in batch or remove those installed.
- Updater, a stamp database expansion update utility (incorporate extensions to existing stamp database lists).
- Import Wizard, a generic database converter (converts ASCII lists to STAMPCATalog Plus Import format).