No Members Online
 View Thread
STAMPCATalog Plus Website | STAMPCATalog Plus | General Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author The best stamp inventory program gets even better
Scott

Posted on 11-10-2004 09:23
Great addition Ray.
I like the tutorials. I've used this basic program for years, but there's always more to learn especially with the plug-ins. I'd like to see more tutorials for the plug-ins, and also backing up to removable media. I seem to have trouble doing those. A tutorial on downloading upgrades would be helpful too. I fear upgrading because in the past ( afew versions ago) I've done it wrong and lost my data. I started from scratch.
I watched the Customizing the Speed Bar tutorial and it would not go beyond where the icon is selected.
This is the best stamp inventory out there, and with this kind of support it just keeps getting better.
Thanks!
Author RE: The best stamp inventory program gets even better
Ray
Super Administrator

Posted on 11-10-2004 23:36
Glad you like the tutorials. Thanks for the suggestions for a couple of new ones.

What, in particular, is your problem backing up to removable media? If you have trouble backing up directly to a CD or DVD, you can always just backup to your hard drive and zip or copy to the other media.

A problem with upgrades causing lose of data may happen if you removed the demonstration collection (alias stamp000) from the old version and replaced it with one of your own AND then download and install the FULL program version. The full version always contains the demo so it will zap your file. That's why you always need the upgrade download. Additionally, you need the upgrade version since it contains the data upgrader (so your old collection files will work with a new version if that version had file structure changes).

The Customizing the Speed Bar tutorial apparently has been corrupted in the viewing and download version. Thanks for pointing that out.
stampcat www.stampcat.com Send Private Message
Ray
Super Administrator

Posted on 12-10-2004 13:06
The Customizing Speed Bar tutorial is now fixed. For reasons unknown, the file was truncated on my server.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

Ray
Scott

Posted on 16-10-2004 06:42
Ray, I did the latest upgrade, and it went well. I then took your advice and backed up to the hard drive then burned those files to a CD-R. For some reason I can not back up directly to disc media. I don't try floppy discs, my files are too big for just one.
Thanks for te help.
Ray
Super Administrator

Posted on 16-10-2004 09:32
Well, just to satisfy myself (again), I backup one of my collections and configuration files to CD.

To my surprise, the directory dialog box would not change the drive letter to f: (which is my cd). It worked fine with my old CD-RW drive. I have a new CD-RW drive and had not tried backup to it since I installed it. However, there was no problem when I typed in f:\ for the destination path. This must be a problem with the CD driver software.

What, exactly, was your problem using a CD for backup? Do you have a problem using the directory selection dialog (like I did)? If so, did you try typing in the path?

Ray
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
offWorthy Causes
Help stop world hunger with a FREE food donation at
Stop world hunger

Give a FREE bowl of food to animals in need at
Animals in Need

See the National Charities Information Bureau (NCIB) web site for guidance in giving.

Site content copyright © 2011 STAMPCATalog Plus