Guests Online: 2
No Members Online
 View Thread
STAMPCATalog Plus Website | STAMPCATalog Plus | General Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author OK - I'll start - This is a Batch Build Question
Dick

Posted on 11-10-2004 09:02
When the stamp series includes numbers and letters, the starting number and letter is clear, but there doesn't appear to be a way to add the ending letter. For example start 2245a , End 2245f. For numbers the sequence works great. Maybe I missed something. Can anyone help...

Embarassed Dick
Author RE: OK - I'll start - This is a Batch Build Question
Scott

Posted on 11-10-2004 09:32
Dick,
When I enter a catolog number that ends with a letter I place the letter in the seperate box that follows the number entry box. Then the stamps are listed by number first then alphbetacally.
Author RE: Scott - I agree, but the build doesn't know where to stop
Dick

Posted on 11-10-2004 11:07
the letters. If I enter the beginning number and letter, then enter the ending letter in the second number box I receive an error message. I am using 4.2 and there is not place to enter an ending letter. Only an ending number.

dcik
Scott

Posted on 11-10-2004 17:57
Sorry,
I don't know why you can not enter a letter to end the catolog #. A Scott number like " C 98 a" uses the three boxes for the catolog number. Perhaps Ray can help you with this one.
Ray
Super Administrator

Posted on 11-10-2004 22:43
I think your problem is you are trying to enter a group of catalog numbers with different subvarieties using the Batch Build window. Can't be done.

To enter more than one such group (which is the purpose of batch build), you may enter a group of Class and basic catalog numbers. If you enter a subvariety value, all will have the same subvariety - that's why you can't enter a ending value (it is the same for all).

However, this is not what you are trying to do. You want a single catalog number with many subvarieties ("a" thru "f") smiley.

To do this, use the Build window. Once you have the first entry with a catalog number of "2245" and a subvariety value of "a" (and any other entries you wish to make), use the "Copy button".

Now with the copied entry in view you change the subvariety value from "a" to "b" (and any other values you may want to change). You now have two different subvarieties of the same stamp. This is what you wanted.

Repeat the above copy/mod process until you have an "f" subvariety. Job done.

Ray
stampcat www.stampcat.com Send Private Message
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
offWorthy Causes
Help stop world hunger with a FREE food donation at
Stop world hunger

Give a FREE bowl of food to animals in need at
Animals in Need

See the National Charities Information Bureau (NCIB) web site for guidance in giving.

Site content copyright © 2011 STAMPCATalog Plus